The best way to find out how much your move might cost is for a Premier Relocation representative to visit your home. Our move consultant will walk through your home with you to assess your requirements for the move, including the following:
- - Items you want to take
- - Items you’re planning to leave behind
- - Anything you’re planning to put into storage
- - Details of any individual pieces that require special packing.
Following this survey, we’ll be able to provide a firm price for your move.
For an average sized property, a survey should take less than an hour. This time is spent understanding your requirements, assessing the volume of your move and answering any questions you may have.
It’s up to you to make sure there is suitable access for our vehicle at both collection and delivery addresses. If you are unsure about your accessibility it's best to let your move consultant know so Premier can arrange an alternative access check at your delivery address.
It is also your responsibility to ensure there is adequate parking at both addresses to avoid any delays on the day of the move. If local parking permits or cones would be necessary, you should contact your local council office to arrange this. It’s also a good idea to let you neighbours know that a removal van will be parked outside your house.
Yes we can, providing it is not a specialist assemble or disassemble. It’s helpful if you can find any specialist tools needed for this, such as item-specific allen keys, in advance.
Yes. We offer storage services both at the point of origin and at destination. We offer discounted rates for consignments we are also shipping overseas for storage. We are also able to offer highly competitive rates to suit individual requirements.
At least 4 weeks before your moving day you should prepare a detailed valuation of your effects to move for insurance purposes (based on replacement value at destination). You should store or dispose of any effects that you do not wish to move overseas.
Yes - If you are moving your washing machine, do ensure that you have the drum securing bolts or bar supplied by the manufacturer and secure the drum after you have completed your last load of washing. The packing crew may be able to assist you with fitting these on the day of the packing but the onus is on you to provide them with the parts and to advise them that it has not already been done. Have all operator manuals for your electrical items ready to be packed.
Yes. Ensure that you have labelled everything clearly, ie AIR/SEA/STORAGE/DO NOT PACK, etc, for our packers. Premier will provide you with the stickers.
Follow this checklist to make sure you don’t miss anything important on the day:
- - Remove all CDs and DVDs from their players – don’t forget any that may be stored in the banks or turntables of multi-disc units. If you can find a locating screw on the underside of the unit, turn this to the ‘locked’ position.
- - Remove toner cartridges from printers and dispose of them – leaking cartridges inside a machine can cause major damage
- - Back up the information in your computer and send it independently of your household goods
- - If you still have the original packing for items like televisions or stereos, advise the packers of this when they arrive at your home
- - Make sure you have any food or drink you need on moving day easily available.