One of the most important things you need to think about when relocating to Sydney is medical care for you and your family. It’s likely that medical care is delivered in a different way in Sydney than you’re used to in the UK, but a good Sydney removals consultancy should be able to help you with navigating the complexities of a new country’s medical system.
What to do before your Sydney relocation
Your Sydney removals consultant should be able to advise you about what to do when you arrive in country, but before you leave the UK it’s also a good idea to do the following:
- Obtain your family’s medical and dental records – your GP and dentist should be able to tell you how to do this
- Ensure you have adequate amounts of any prescription medication you and your family need for the next few weeks
- Tell your GP and any other medical professionals you see that you’re leaving the country
- Follow the advice of your Sydney removals professional about any vaccinations you might need or healthcare precautions you should follow
- Check whether you and your family need any specific health clearances before you arrive in Sydney.
Doing all these things can help to ensure you and your family experience a smooth transition with your healthcare requirements. To find out more, speak to your Sydney removals professional well in advance of the move.