Moving wardrobes and clothing is one of the biggest jobs involved in any house move. For every member of your family who’s moving, it’s likely there will be at least one wardrobe and one chest of drawers full of clothes to move – if not more. Fortunately, this is a task where your Coulsdon removals company will be able to help you save time and stress. You just need to find out how they’ll work in advance.
Here are some things to check about how your Coulsdon removals firm will move your clothes and wardrobes:
- Check if your Coulsdon removals firm will dismantle your wardrobes, then reassemble them for you at your new home – this could save you valuable time in the move
- If your Coulsdon removals firm doesn’t dismantle wardrobes, be sure to do this yourself before moving day, in order to minimise delays
- Find out if your Coulsdon removals company will move chests of drawers with their contents still inside – this would mean you don’t need to pack up your clothes separately
- Make sure your wardrobes are well protected against scratches and dents – for example, they could be wrapped in special moving blankets
- Ask your Coulsdon removals company if they can provide you with wardrobe boxes – these have a built-in hanging rail which makes them quick and easy to load and unload
- Even if you’re using wardrobe boxes, it can be a good idea to cover hanging clothes with a bin bag, as an extra layer of protection.