One key element of any property relocation that’s carried out by a Cranleigh removals company will be the survey. This is normally carried out at a very early stage in the planning. It’s important because it will help the Cranleigh removals firm to give you a firm quotation for the cost of the relocation, and it will also ensure that you can have any questions answered.
What’s involved in a removal survey?
The nature of a removal survey will vary according to the Cranleigh removals firm you choose, and the things that are important to you. However, in general it could include the following:
- assessing the quantity of belongings and items to be moved
- checking which items you want to be packed for you and whether any of these require special protection or packing materials
- itemising any individual items of value or that are particularly fragile
- understanding your requirements – for example, will you want to move straight to your new property or do your belongings need to go to storage for a while?
- answering your questions – you might want to find out things like how your furniture will be protected or what level of insurance your Cranleigh removals firm has. The survey is your opportunity to ask all these things.