Moving to the other side of the world is not a decision to be taken lightly – if you’re planning to relocate to Melbourne, it’s important to understand the work and planning that will be involved. There are various relocation specialists who are expert in Melbourne removals who can help you, but equally it’s up to you to make sure you’re prepared for the move.
Here’s a helpful checklist of things you’ll need to remember for your Melbourne removal:
- Arrange the relevant visas and work permits as soon as possible – it can take a while for paperwork to come through
- Get several quotes for removal and shipping – there are lots of different companies providing Melbourne removals services, so speaking to at least a few will help you to understand your options and the likely costs
- Try to arrange accommodation in advance, even if it’s only temporary – a good Melbourne removals consultant may be able to help you with this
- Check on the customs regulations for all the belongings you want to transport – your Melbourne removals expert might be able to advise you on this
- Make sure you’ve got copies of all important paperwork, such as your passports, immigration documents, tax records, marriage certificate, children’s birth certificates and so on
- Arrange your flights, as well as onward transport to your accommodation – your Melbourne removals expert may be able to book this for you.