If you’re relocating to Miami, it’s highly likely that you’ve hired the services of a professional Miami removals firm to assist you with the move.
The benefit of a Miami removals firm
Perhaps the biggest service a Miami removals company will provide is the packing, transit and delivery of your belongings at your new home. Having the professionals carry out this work for you is obviously a huge advantage, but it’s really important you stay involved in the detail of your Miami removal. In particular, you need to make sure that anything you’ll need on the day of the move and in the first few days afterwards are easily accessible, and not packed by mistake.
Things you still need to do yourself
So when your Miami removals firm comes to pack up your belongings, be sure to put the following things to one side so you can take them with you:
- passports for you and your family
- any other important documents, such as your visas, details of your accommodation, contact details for your new employer and so on
- your work permits
- your airline tickets and other travel documents
- enough clothes for at least a couple of weeks
- any valuables you want to keep with you, such as jewellery.
It’s a good idea to make an inventory of all these items and let your Miami removals firm know that they shouldn’t pack them.