Any international relocation to Moscow is likely to be an expensive endeavour. That means it’s really important to factor in the costs involved and make sure your budget will cover the move. Of course, if your employer is relocating you, they may cover many of these costs, but that won’t be the case for everyone.
How to find out the cost
In order to begin researching how much your move will cost, ask your Moscow removals company to help you. They will be experienced in carrying out Moscow removals so are likely to have an idea of some of the prices involved.
Factors to consider
Here are some of the costs you’ll need to budget for in your Moscow removal:
- the cost of hiring a Moscow removals company to move your items to your new home – you’ll need their services for much longer than if you were just moving to the next town
- the costs of shipping your items – this could be by sea or air. Both options will represent a significant cost, although sea is likely to be cheaper than air freight. The more belongings you take, the more expensive it will be
- the price of your international flights for you and your family
- health insurance – you won’t find the same kind of NHS as you’re used to in the UK, so you’ll need to make sure you and your family all have adequate health insurance
- any costs of setting up and furnishing your new home.