If you’re hiring the services of a Tadworth removals company to assist with your relocation, it’s great to know that things are taken care of on moving day. However, that doesn’t mean you can sit back and relax while all the work is done for you. There are several things you should do on the day of your relocation to help make sure your Tadworth removals firm can work efficiently and that everything goes smoothly.
Here are some top tips for moving day:
- Clearly label anything you’re going to need on the day of the move and that you don’t want your Tadworth removals staff to pack
- Have a separate box with things like a kettle, teabags, screwdrivers, pens, paper and other essentials that you might need easy access to
- Make sure all the information in your computers is backed up – look after it yourself, separately to your household goods being moved
- If you’ve still got the original packing for items like televisions or stereos, get this out and let the movers know when they arrive
- Take any CDs or DVDs out of their players – this will minimise the risk of the units becoming damaged in transit
- Take any toner cartridges out of their printers and dispose of them – if they leak inside the printer during the move it could cause serious damage
- Make sure you’ve got plenty of food and drink that’s easily accessible.